Pr4 UG ui Main Window
Although the Main Window is the most visible part of the Protege 4 User Interface (UI), it mostly serves as a container for other UI elements such as the Tab Bar and the currently selected tab.
Note: Two other forms of windows are used by Protege 4. Dialog boxes are used for specialized (and generally transient) interactions. Floating views look and act like normal views, but they may be placed anywhere on the display, stretched without affecting other views, etc.
Content and Layout
The Main Window itself is extremely simple, containing:
- a pair of navigation arrows
- an ontology-selection pulldown menu
- An area for specifying search strings
- the Tab Bar (used to select a tab)
- the currently selected tab