Instal Protege5 Win
From Protege Wiki
Protege Desktop 5.0 is distributed in the form of a ZIP file from the main Protege website, and includes the 64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE). So, it is not necessary to have Java pre-installed on your computer to run Protege.
Download the ZIP file
- Go to the Products page on the Protege website.
- Click the "Download for Windows" button to download the ZIP file to your machine.
Once the download completes, navigate to the folder where the ZIP file was downloaded. On a Windows machine, this will typically be your "Downloads" folder, e.g., "C:/Users/<your-username>/Downloads".
Right-click on the ZIP file and choose "Extract All..." from the context menu to launch the Extract Compressed Folders dialog. Click the Browse... button to select a destination for your Protege Desktop installation, e.g., the "C:/Program Files" folder:
Protege Desktop will be extracted to your selected destination into a folder called "Protege_5.0.0":
There are two ways to launch Protege:
- Double-click on the Protege.exe, or
- Double-click on run.bat - which will start Protege also showing the console.
For quicker access to Protege Desktop going forward, right-click on the Protege.exe file and select "Send to" -> "Desktop (create shortcut)". This will create a shortcut to Protege Desktop's launcher on your Windows Desktop.
Q: When I double-click on the run script, nothing happens, or I see a window that comes up, and goes away!
A: Try running Protege using the run.bat from a console and report any errors displayed in the console window on the Protege User Support mailing list.
- How to run Protege from the console on Windows:
- Click the Start menu
cmdin the search box and press the Enter key
- In the resulting Command Prompt, change to the directory where you unzipped Protege (e.g.,
cd "C:\Program Files\Protege_5.0_beta")
Then report the results back on the protege-user mailing list.