From Protege Wiki
WebProtégé is a free, open source collaborative ontology development environment for the Web.
WebProtege provides the following features:
- Support for editing OWL 2 ontologies
- A default simple editing interface, which provides access to commonly used OWL constructs
- Full change tracking and revision history
- Collaboration tools such as, sharing and permissions, threaded notes and discussions, watches and email notifications
- Customizable user interface
- Customizable Web forms for application/domain specific editing
- Support for editing OBO ontologies
- Multiple formats for upload and download of ontologies (supported formats: RDF/XML, Turtle, OWL/XML, OBO, and others)
A short user guide with screencasts and screenshots describing the main user interface elements in WebProtégé.
A step-by-step guide for site administrators who want to download and install WebProtégé.
A guide for developers who want to compile and run WebProtégé from an IDE.
WebProtégé is being actively developed by the Protégé team at the Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research.
- A WebProtege paper describing its architecture, features and use in real-world cases is published in the Semantic Web Journal, and is available here.
- Several papers describing the use of WebProtégé in real use cases can be found here.
How to cite WebProtégé
T. Tudorache, C.I. Nyulas, N.F. Noy, M.A. Musen. WebProtégé: A Collaborative Ontology Editor and Knowledge Acquisition Tool for the Web, Semantic Web Journal, IOS Press, 2011
Online version available here.
If you have questions or comments, please post them on the WebProtégé mailing list.