From Protege Wiki
Protege 3 User Documentation
This page contains a collection of links to Protege documentation for end users of the Protege 3.x series. This Wiki page is not exhaustive.
Protege 3 status
The most recent version in the Protege 3 series is the 3.5 release (build 663) from April 24, 2013.
General (applicable to Frames and OWL)
Documentation links in this section are applicable to all flavors of the Protege 3.x series, e.g., Protege-Frames, Protege-OWL, etc.
- Display configuration
- Support for internationalization - see all menus, labels, etc. in a different language
- Setting the heap size for Protege
- Protege-OWL 3.x FAQ
- Getting started with Protege-OWL
- Protege-OWL Tutorial - tutorial written by Matthew Horridge on developing OWL ontologies using the Protege-OWL editor (slightly outdated, but still very helpful).
- Using DL reasoners in Protege-OWL
- Manchester OWL Syntax
- Migration from 3.1 to 3.4 (Software) (Doc) - application written by Brice Sommacal from the Protege user community to help with upgrade process.
- Database backend
Collaborative Protege & Protege Client-Server
- Protege Client-Server tutorial - setup and use of the client-server capabilities
- Collaborative Protege - support for collaborative ontology development; adding notes to classes, change tracking, chat, etc.
- Change tracking - track and record the changes the users make in the ontology
- Getting started with Protege-Frames: html or pdf
- Protege-Frames User's Guide
- Older version of the Protege-Frames User's Guide
- Information about the "Experimental XML File" back-end
- Graph widget tutorial for OWL ontologies
- Graph widget tutorial for Frames ontologies: html or pdf
- How to upgrade OWL projects that use the graph widget from Protege 3.3.1 to Protege 3.4 and higher
Comparison between Protege Desktop 3 and Protege 4/5
- You may find the comparison between Proeteg 3 and Protege 4/5 here.