Protege Client Server Tutorial Administration
Protege Server Administration
This page describes the administration of the Protege server. Included topics are:
- User guide for the Protege Server Administration user interface
- Starting and shutting down server projects
- Killing other users' sessions
This page is part of the Protege client-server tutorial.
The Server Admin user interface
The Server Admin user interface allows the control of the Protege server in a user-friendly way. A user with the appropriate permissions (see the Policy section in the server configuration page can start or stop server projects for maintenance without shutting down the server, she may kill other users' sessions (e.g., zombie sessions), or may shut down the server. The Server Admin user interface provides also useful statistics about the server work load.
The user interface is composed of three tabs:
- Projects Tab
- Sessions Tab
- Server Control Tab
The Server Admin interface can be started in the Server login panel by selecting the Administer server check box as shown in the figure below.
Stopping and starting server projects
The Projects tab provides information about the available projects on the server.
The Remote Projects table shows each project with its status and connected sessions. The status of a project is one of:
- READY - The project is ready to use and can be opened by the Protege clients.
- SHUTTING_DOWN - The project has been scheduled for shutting down. New Protege clients will not be able to open this project. The shut down can be canceled at this point.
- CLOSED_FOR_MAINTENANCE - The project is shut down on the server. New Protege clients will not be able to open this project.
Read more about the Protege multi-user support in the Protege client-server tutorial.