Protege 5.0 Beta Release Notes
From Protege Wiki
Revision as of 17:03, May 27, 2014 by JenniferVendetti
Protege Desktop 5.0 Beta
We are very pleased to announce Protege Desktop 5.0 beta!
- Download and installation instructions.
- Submit feedback, questions, and/or bug reports on the Protege User Support mailing list. Sign up for the list at the Protege website.
- Read Protege Desktop documentation.
- Join the Protege community on Facebook and Twitter.
- Access the source code, file issues, and submit pull requests on GitHub: http://github.com/protegeproject/protege.
- Learn how to build a distribution from source.
- View example code for developing tab, view, and menu plug-ins.
- Contact us with your questions on the Protege Developer Support mailing list. Sign up for the list at the Protege website.
The contents of the release notes section describe changes relative to Protege 4.3.
Build 5.0.0-beta-10 (2014-May-28)
- Upgraded to Java 7.
- Upgraded to the latest version of the OWL API (v3.5.0).
- Implemented enhanced search capabilities, e.g., ???
- The Individuals tab now filters the list of individuals displayed based on the class selected in the class heirarchy (#1).
- The UI no longer allows specification of owl:real as the type for a literal (#37).
- Entering a number into the OWLConstantEditor now parses the value and chooses the correct datatype if no datatype was specified (#42).
- Exporting DisjointClasses axioms is no longer enabled by default, as this can be an expensive operation (#43).
- Auto-update only checks for updates once per day, rather than checking for updates every time Protege launches (#45).
- The Active Ontology tab now shows ontology metrics by default (#46).
- Moved the Protege Desktop source code to GitHub to allow for easier collaboration with developers outside of Stanford.
- The inferred object property hierarchy no longer displays owl:bottomObjectProperty as a leaf of every node (#9).
- Selecting classes in the class hierarchy will only request directly inferred individuals from the reasoner. Previously, Protege requested both direct and indirect inferred individuals, which caused performance issues with larger ontologies (#15).
- Fixed a bug in the auto-update functionality that caused exceptions when encountering plug-ins with invalid version numbers (#18).
- Fixed a typo in the DL metrics view (#20).
- Modified the UI of the Automatic Update dialog to prevent display of an unnecessary trailing '.' character on plug-in version numbers (#23).
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused a NullPointerException when opening ontologies (#34).
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the Continue button to remain disabled on the Export Inferred Axioms dialog (#36).