|Last Update||February 25, 2008|
|License||GPL v2 like|
Docgen plugin for (frame-based) Protege provides a quick export of all the content of an ontology (classes, instances and documentation) in various formats (html, pdf, fo...).
Versions & Compatibility
This section lists available versions of ProtegeDocgen.
|ProtegeDocgen 1.0.0||Protege-Frames 3.4.1|
|Java 1.4 (or more recent)|
If you click on the button below to add a new version of ProtegeDocgen, you will be asked to define a page title for the new version. Please adhere to the naming convention of ProtegeDocgen X.X.X when you define the new page!
|Version||Changes in this version|
|ProtegeDocgen 1.0.0||some bug fixes, see sourceforge release info: https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=579393|
Docgen plugin for Protege provides a quick export of all the content of a frame ontology (classes, instances and documentation) in various formats (html, pdf, fo...).
The Protege Docgen plugin interpretes the design form defined in Protege to determine the content and layout of the sections describing the instances: only visible slots are displayed, in the order they appear in the form (from upper left down to opposite).
This plugin is intended for frames ontologies only, it does not given any useful results with OWL ontologies, and probably never will.
This plugin relies on the AurigaDoc framework for generating its reports, other output formats are therefore available using additional commands (incl. RTF, Java Help and HTML Help(.chm))
- Download and unzip the plugin in protege/plugin directory.
- copy the _xalan.jar library to your java install (typically java_1.X.X/jre/lib/endorsed) (see FAQ on project homepage: http://protege-docgen.sourceforge.net/ for more details)
Generate a sample report
- run protege
- open newspaper.pprj (in protege/examples/newspaper)
- click file > export to format > other formats (export wizard)
- select docgen report > next
- un-select pdf (it doesn't work with multiple heritance)
- keep dhtml (it looks nice)
- check output directory >finish
The report is generated by default in directory protege/AurigaDocReportdefault/ so open the file protege/AurigaDocReportdefault/newspaper_dhtml/admain.html in any browser
Many settings can be configured to change layout and content...read included documentation for more.
Questions or contributions can be discussed on the sourceforge forum: https://sourceforge.net/projects/protege-docgen/forums/ .