Welcome to the Protégé wiki!
Protégé is a free, open-source platform that provides a growing user community with a suite of tools to construct domain models and knowledge-based applications with ontologies.
Quick links: WebProtégé server, Protégé Desktop download and release notes, Source code on GitHub, Protégé website
- User's Guide
- Administrator's Guide - download and installation instructions
- Use WebProtégé now on our Stanford-hosted server: http://webprotege.stanford.edu
- Protégé Desktop documentation (release notes, installation instructions, Protege Desktop download, older Protege releases download)
- Older Protégé releases documentation (version 3.x)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Tutorials and Getting Started
- Getting started with the Protege Desktop editor
- Views, Menus, Class Expression Syntax - a short guide to some of the interface components
- Michael DeBellis's updatedProtégé Pizza Tutorial
- The original Protégé OWL Tutorial: A step-by-step guide to modeling in OWL using the Protégé OWL tools
- Background Information
- Ontology Development 101: A Guide to creating your first ontology
- Brief introduction to ontologies, by Robert Stevens
- Semantic Web Best Practices and Deployment Working Group's Semantic Web Tutorials page
- A Description Logic Primer
- Older documentation
- Protege Desktop User's Guide - a guide on how to use Protege to create, edit, and inspect ontologies
- Pizzas in 10 minutes: A demo of modeling shortcuts - a quickstart guide to creating your first OWL ontology
Please see the WebProtégé GitHub page
Download and Support
To download Protégé or WebProtégé please visit our homepage. To use the WebProtégé server hosted at Stanford, please go to: http://webprotege.stanford.edu.
To find out about the different support options, for example, how to subscribe to our mailing lists, please visit the Support page.
Follow our YouTube channel featuring screencasts showing different features of Protégé and WebProtégé.
If you are new to using a Wiki, please see the Help page page for links to User's Guides, etc.
The Help page also has suggestions for where to find help with using the Protégé application.