Protege Desktop 5.0 Beta Installation Instructions
Please refer to the specific installation instructions for your platform.
Protege Desktop 5.0 beta is distributed in the form of a ZIP file and requires Java 7.
Check for Java 7
There are several possible ways to check your Java version on Windows.
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Type "Java" in the "Search programs and files" text box.
- Select "About Java" from the results listed under the "Programs" header:
Selecting About Java will display a dialog with your Java version:
Download the ZIP file
- Go to the Products page on the Protege website.
- Click the Download for Windows button.
Once the download completes, navigate to the folder where
To launch Protege, double-click the run.bat file in the root directory of the installation.
Mac OS X
Protege 5.0 is distributed in the form of a ZIP file and requires Java 7.
Protege 5.0 is distributed in the form of a tar.gz file and requires Java 7.